Applying this Dimension
The Virtue and Talents Dimension helps us apply principles to strengthen our culture and capabilities by:
Hiring and retaining contribution motivated people who have a diversity of aptitudes that can help us advance our vision.
Helping each employee develop and become more contribution motivated.
Continually adjusting so teams have the right combination of perspectives, experiences, aptitudes, knowledge and skills to drive profitable transformation.
We All Play a Role in Culture - Unscripted
Hear leaders explain why culture cannot be something that only leaders or HR care about.
Applying the five dimensions often requires reflection, asking questions, and discussion. Below are some prompts to get you started.
- For Everyone
- For Supervisors
- How can I improve my understanding and application of Our Values? What other principles would help me contribute more?
- What will enable me to become more contribution motivated? Who can help?
- How do I further develop my talents?
These are the Virtue and Talents Dimension questions from “Using the Five Dimensions to Identify and Close Gaps in Your Work”
Hire, develop and retain contribution-motivated employees with a diversity of aptitudes so your team’s culture more fully exemplifies Our Values. Work with your employees so each is in the right role with the right responsibilities and opportunities to self-actualize.
- Treat your team members as individuals. Personalize your coaching of each, including high performers, to help them learn what they are and aren’t good at so they can self-actualize and increase their contribution.
- Continually make changes so your team has the right combination of perspectives, experiences, aptitudes, knowledge and skills to drive profitable transformation.
- Lead by example. Use and ensure your team uses our principle-based framework to guide what everyone does.
These are the Virtue and Talents Dimension statements from “Supervisor Responsibilities and Expectations”
Expectations of Every Employee
To be successful long term, we need employees who are motivated to maximize their contribution to the long-term success of Koch consistent with Principle Based Management and have the ability to help the team succeed. Our Values and the principle of Contribution Motivated can help employees understand what is expected of them.